Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lime Yogurt Cake via Smitten Kitchen

I have had a cake tin I bought from an op shop in the back of my cupboard for, lets say, ages. I bought it on the best holiday of my life to south west WA. My sister was living in Cowaramup and I visited her for what felt like 4 weeks, but in actual fact was about 5 days.







Just outside Margaret River, is a small town called Witchcliffe, which has possibly the best vintage store I have seen in my life. There I bough some pegs and this gorgeous cake tin. That holiday was filled with plenty of op shopping (the area, to me, has excellent op shops) and I found myself having to leave many of my finds with my sister to ensure I did not have to pay for excess baggage.

Sadly, I never got to bring home a vintage sewing book, an embroidery book and some great fabric. This cake tin however, made the cut. For months I have been on the look for a good yogurt cake recipe, so I could use the cake tin. For some reason, I only ever envisioned baking a yogurt cake in it. My brother-in-law would always make yogurt cake for dessert and I have constantly thought about making my own. I found this one at Smitten Kitchen and made a raspberry sauce instead. Halfway through the baking process, I thought, What if its supposed to be jelly mould? In fact, the cake tin did just fine, and the cake was scrumptious.








Go on, have a go!




No comments:

Post a Comment