Recipe and more pictures after the jump...
I love a good tart. Don't you? Smitten kitchen have a divine shortcrust pastry recipe (which I have republished in metric measurements) that I use every time I need a sweet short crust. That paired with the gooey, chewy frangipane, lime and blackberries, this tart is perfect for Summer!
Lime and Blackberry Frangipane Tart (Adapted from Smitten Kitchen- Pear and Almond Tart)
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
130g unsalted butter, chopped and frozen
1 large egg
1. Whiz the salt, flour and icing sugar in the food processor until combined.
2. Add the butter and pulse until fine bread crumbs are achieved.
3. Beat the egg and add enough to the mix while the processor is running until a ball of dough is formed.
4. Turn out and wrap in cling wrap and rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
5. Roll out between cling wrap of baking paper and line a greased 25cm tart shell with the pastry.
6. Trim the excess and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.
7. Blind bake the tart shell for 15 minutes on 180°C then 10 minutes without the baking paper and weights.
8. Set aside to cool while you make the frangipane.
100g unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup almond meal
5 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoons plain flour
Zest of 2 limes
1. Whiz all of the ingredients in the food processor.
2. Chill in the fridge until cooled.
Assembling the tart
3/4 of a cup of frozen blackberries
1 tart shell
1. Preheat the over to 180°C
2. Spread the frangipane out over the tart shell
3. Press in the blackberries in to the frangipane
4. Bake for 40 minutes, checking at 30 minutes.