I love lunch. I love to make things. And, I love bags. I decided to whip up a lunch bag because my love of all of these things collided yesterday afternoon.
To make this lovely little sac you will need:
2, 28 x 45 cm rectangles of heavyweight cotton canvas
Heat transfer pencil
Computer and Printer
And this is what you will need to do:
1. Download the LUNCH template (here!) and print it on regular paper (in a mirror image!)
2. You will then use your heat transfer pencil to trace over the cross- stitches.
3. Follow the instructions on the pencil package to transfer LUNCH onto the right side of one of the cotton canvas pieces.
4. Insert the canvas piece into an embroidery hoop and begin cross-stitching the crosses. You will do this by coming up from underneath the fabric, then going down into the fabric to make one line of the cross. Just repeat until all of the crosses are done!
5. Next, hem the opening of the bag, then with right sides facing sew up the sides and base.
6. Now, "box" the corners. You will do that by making the corner of the bag flat and measuring 5 cm from both points and rule across.
And, voila! You could do some sort of velcro/press stud/ button arrangement but, hey, I'm a little lazy and a peg or bulldog clip works just as well!