Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Recipe and more pictures after the jump
This tart is so rich and delicious. I made it gluten free but it can easily be made with plain flour instead of the gluten free flour!
1 cup Plain flour (can be gluten free)
2/3 cup Hazelnut meal
1/4 cup Caster sugar
100g Cold butter
200g Good quality (70% cocoa solids) dark chocolate
1. Process flour, meal and sugar in a food processor until combined.
2. Add the butter to the mix and pulse until it looks like bread crumbs.
3. Beat the egg. Add enough to form a ball of dough.
4. Wrap the dough in cling wrap and place in freezer. This is where you can turn your oven to 180ºC.
5. When the dough is cold, roll it out and place in a greased, 20cm tart shell.
6. Blind bake the tart shell until almost cooked.
7. While the tart shell is baking, start in the filling. Bring the cream and milk to a slow boil.
8. Chop the chocolate and butter and poor the cream and milk over the chocolate and butter and leave to melt.
9. Beat the chocolate mix until smooth, then beat in the egg.
10. Pour the chocolate mix into the tart shell and bake until just set, but still a bit wobbly!